Here is Buzzfeed’s list of “32 Things Jewish Girls Can’t Resist.” We have to say, that’s a pretty good list. Who can argue with bagels, Jewish geography, guacamole, hummus and pretzel chips, camp, diet coke … the list goes on.
A few may have age parameters – i.e., bandeaus and emojis are hopefully just for the younger set. We have a few of our own suggestions to add:
1. Keratin. Forget the straightening irons, just give yourself 4 – 6 months of great hair.
2. Scarves. For cold or for style, both urban hipster Jewesses and suburbanites alike cannot get enough of them.
3. Good jeans. They do more for you than hours at the gym.
4. Spanx. For under the jeans, and everything else.
5. Mah Jongg.
It’s not just for Boca anymore. Everybody seems to be playing it these days, regardless of age.
6. Warm Weather.
Florida, L.A., the Caribbean, Greece, and of course, Israel … it doesn’t matter, we all end up somewhere warm. Like Robin Williams says about Jews in “The Birdcage,” where there is sand …
7. Sweet Potato Fries. Because they are dark orange, we can ignore the fact that they are fried. They just seem healthier.
8. Nice Jewish Boys – we are being a little more selective, just the mensches.
9. Hillary. She’s smart, tough, speaks her mind, and has a closetful of nice pantsuits. She also seems to like us back!
10. Maybe it’s a stereotype, but we do like jewelry. It can be expensive, it can (sometimes) be cheap. We prefer the kind that sparkles, but we’ll take any of it.
Anything you feel is missing? Comment and let us know!