Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and this year the big day falls on Shabbat. Given it’s already a double mitzvah to romance your partner on Shabbas, add a Valentine’s Day shtup to the mix and it’s pretty much a triple letter score day! Here are our top 10 suggestions for setting the mood.
1. Make your partner a heart-shaped challah
This challah recipe is from the Challah Sisters.
2. Chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate
4. Jewelry never hurts
We love this Satya Jewelry Hamsa and Peridot Triple Chain Necklace.
5. Pull out that copy of Fifty Shades of Oy Vey: A Parody
Read the sexiest passages aloud to each other in a thick Yiddish accent. And who knows…you may learn a new trick or two!
6. Put on these boxer shorts
and this thong
to show your appreciation.
7. Screen a romantic Jewish film or two. Our faves:
(Love the Bubbe!)
The Jazz Singer – 25th Anniversary Edition
The Way We Were (Special Edition)
(C’mon, it’s Barbra, and a
yummy young Robert Redford)
Kissing Jessica Stein
(Because girls just want to have fun, too!)
9. Delight each other with a steamy couple’s massage
Light some candles (the Hanukkah leftovers should do the trick) and anoint your mate with this heavenly Dead Sea Massage Oil.
10. Enough already! Get into bed and start making mitzvot
Keep it kosher in the bedroom with this 100% Kosher duvet cover from CafePress.
Happy Valentine’s day!